The growing popularity of boccia and other inclusive sports is placing increasing pressure on leisure and sports facility managers to cater for new court and playing area set ups.
In some cases marking these out using conventional methods can be time consuming, while in others it may not be possible at all due to the damage line marking tape can do to gymnasium floors. As a result, people playing indoor sport are often forced to play on make-shift courts with incorrect line markings.
Sports arenas and leisure centres are expensive assets, which is why so many facility managers ban the use of temporary court marking tape on their surfaces. A lot of things can happen, and none of them are good:
Removing the surface paint/finish and exposing the wood can also result in additional chipping and peeling of the remaining paint or finish in adjacent areas. In addition, most commonly available tapes contain adhesive resins that can etch or stain the floor finish or even the wooden flooring below the temporary markings.
Packalines are temporary line markings, available from Packaworld, that are easy to set up and avoid damage to sports hall floors. Packalines come in 56m reels, are 40mm wide and 2.2mm thick (making them a low trip hazard) and available as standard in bright yellow to provide maximum visibility.
The special grade rubber is UV stable, and does not age or fade over time. Its high tack finish and grooved profile ensure the temporary court lines stay flat on the court surface, remaining in position even when walked on or traversed.
The Packaline sets were originally developed to mark temporary court lines for the the sport of boccia - an inclusive sport which is particularly popular among players with disabilities and is also played in the Paralympics. However, they have also been used to provide temporary line marking for other sports, such as pickleball, badminton and volleyball, in situations where no other line markings are available.
Some key features and benefits of Packalines
The multi-purpose Packalines are easy to transport and fast and simple to set up. The Packalines are supplied, un-cut, in 56 metre lengths which allow them to be easily cut to size to provide temporary court lines for a range of different sporting codes.
- Unique high-tack 'special grade rubber' compound with a ribbed profile that grips the court
- Easy to lay down – courts ready in seconds
- Easy to cut to length, so can be used for a wide variety of sporting codes
- Low trip hazard
- Use what you need - see here for different court configurations
- Memory function ensures they remain flat on the court
- Suitable for most indoor court surfaces
Are Packalines right for you? Key considerations
Packalines are an ideal training aid to mark out temporary areas of play in indoor settings where permanent line markings do not exist.
- Packalines were originally designed to mark playing areas for boccia - an inclusive sport for wheelchair-bound athletes with disabilities.
- Some people have also used Packalines to provide temporary line markings for other sports. However, please keep in mind that Packalines are temporary markings. They do not typically move when stepped on but will move if kicked during play, and may need to be re-positioned.
How easy can it be?
Easy and quick to set up, Packalines provide endless opportunities to bring the game of your choice to a place near you. Check out the time lapse videos below to see just how easy it is...